Pest Control and Trap Monitoring
Encounter Solutions Ltd presents Celium, a low-power, robust and flexible platform that delivers cost effective and efficient wireless trap monitoring to remote and rural landscapes.
Encounter Solutions Ltd is established as a pioneer of smart pest control and bringing the Internet of Things to remote applications, providing genuinely scalable and long range wireless trap monitoring, garnering both international and domestic attention.
At the heart of the Celium Platform is a drive to deliver significant long-term biodiversity gains. By choosing Celium, customers will facilitate a transition to significantly more efficient and larger scale trapping projects that result in both ecological and economic gains.
- Remote monitoring of traps delivers reduced safety risks to personnel and improved project cost-effectiveness by eliminating unnecessary in-field work
- Automatic delivery of near real-time accurately time-stamped data facilitates informed project management and strategy
- Standalone and light-weight, Celium Networks are easy and quick to deploy
- Celium Networks can be deployed virtually anywhere in the world and do not require cell coverage or external power to operate
- The Celium Networks’ lower path loss, superior range and non-line of sight performance means a minimal infrastructure is required for monitoring traps spread over large areas, especially in undulating topography, through dense vegetation and in wet weather conditions
- Specifically developed for and validated in remote applications across New Zealand’s challenging topography, variable weather conditions and stocked farm areas
- Celium is designed and built in New Zealand
- Backed by a team with decades of experience in engineering, telecommunications, hardware, firmware and software systems
The Celium Network operates in the VHF radio wave band, optimized to provide long range, non-line-of-sight coverage. The combination of narrowband technology and a lower operating frequency means the Celium Network can deliver superior range, especially in undulating topography, through dense vegetation and in adverse weather conditions.
Celium Nodes equipped with sensors and operating within a tightly constrained power budget gather data that is then transmitted to Celium Hubs via a low-power radio link utilizing a highly-efficient proprietary communications protocol. Data is then backhauled from the Celium Hubs via satellite or cellular network to the Celium Cloud for processing and distribution.
- Automatic monitoring and administration of connected Celium Nodes
- Real-time transmission of collected data to the Celium Cloud servers
- Light-weight, robust design for portability into remote areas
- Mast, mounting and case designed to withstand extreme weather conditions and to protect from stock damage
- Flexible mounting system and inter-changeable fittings for a wide variety of installation options
- Low-power, long-term battery operation with solar charging
- Small footprint hardware option and/or Repeater configuration to allow forwarding of all messages to a Celium Satellite or Cellular Uplink Hub
- Android App available to configure and update the Hub in the field via Bluetooth
- Firmware can be updated remotely from the Celium Cloud
- Configuration options to reduce network traffic for lower-cost operation
- Advanced radio coverage modelling available to ensure optimal Hub deployment location
- Super low-power design for long-term, no-maintenance deployment in remote areas
- Flexible design to allow a range of replaceable or rechargeable battery types
- Robust and tough enough to withstand demanding weather and installation conditions
- Built-in low-power keypad for easy in-field operation and configuration
- Configurable radio channel operation to optimize connectivity to Celium Hubs
- Configuration and firmware can be updated remotely by the Celium Hub
- Designed to work with animal traps and has been tested on a range of kill traps, live cages and traps, and self-resetting traps
- Vibration Mode option to detect movement in traps
- Magnet Mode option to detect state of magnet-fitted trap equipment
- Free application operates on any Android mobile device
- Deploy Celium Hubs and Nodes, and capture GPS coordinates
- Display Celium Network real time status information
- Search and locate Celium Network and trap deployments on maps
- Capture critical trapping information including verification of Celium Node status, species, sex, lure state and photographs
- Work in remote areas with no network coverage, automatically synchronizing data when connected to the internet
- Online and offline mapping, with offline support for LINZ Topo50 maps
- Free application operates on any Android mobile device
- Maintain and configure Celium Hubs in the field via Bluetooth
All the data collected by the Celium Network is transmitted to, stored and processed by the Celium Cloud solution.
All events are processed in near real-time and important Events are immediately sent to users via email.
Celium Web Portal
- Maps with Hub and Node/Trap Status, Hub Coverage Models, Project Boundaries and multiple map type options including LINZ Topo, ESRI, National Geographic
- Sortable tables with detailed status of Hubs and Nodes
- Charts detailing historic performance of Hubs and Nodes
- Visibility of all Celium Network messages per Project, Hub or Node
- Project based metrics
- Ability to update Hub and Node deployment status
- Customized Project look-and-feel with Project logos
- Mobile, Tablet and Laptop friendly
- Application Programming Interface for third-party system integration